THE WAIPARA WINE EXPERIENCE
The Wiapara Wine Experience
Indulge in a day of wine tasting in the Waipara Valley wine area, renowned for its warm, dry climate and limestone-rich soils, on a guided tour.
Following pickup from central Christchurch, your guide takes you on a 50-minute drive to Waipara. Visit cellars and tasting rooms during guided tours of the finest boutique vineyards in North Canterbury, and sample a distinctive selection of classic varietals (see below) and enjoy a lunch of a fresh, seasonal platter that pairs well with your wine before drop-off back in Christchurch.
• Pegasus Bay Winery: the most famous winery in the region with world renowned Pinot Noir and Rieslings
• Greystone Wine: North Canterbury's most awarded winery.
• Torlesse Wines: Our usual lunch venue, everybody gets their own winery platter. V, Vg and GF options available.
• Terrace Edge: NZ Organic Vineyard of the Year 2018 and 2021. Truly remarkable wines.
• Waipara Springs: The first winery/café in the region
• Georges Road: Superb hand-made wines, with a trophy winning dry Riesling
All the wineries visited are family-owned and run and feature a wide range of wine varieties and styles.
Departure Point - Tour departs from a pre-arranged central Christchurch pick-up point at between 10.00 and 10.30am.
Please note - If you arriving at Lyttelton you will need to book a Private Tour - the Shared Tour is not suitable for cruise ship passengers
Duration - Allow 6 hours with lunch
Return Details - Returns to original departure point – unless otherwise arranged at about 4.15pm.
• Wine tastings
• Lunch platter
• All transport
• Pickup and drop-off
• Knowledgeable guide
• Explore some of North Canterbury's boutique vineyards/wineries.
• Shared tours have a minimum of 4 people for the trip to run.
• Subject to availability – these tours usually run on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
• Food and all tastings are included, unless specified.
• Wineries may change on the day, due to circumstances beyond our control.
• 48 hour cancellation policy applies.
CONTACT GILES TOURS
or Call/Text on (+64) 021 402 900