Giles takes small groups (Max 6) on tours around Christchurch and Canterbury. A lifetime in the wine business means that wine tours are his specialty. His Waipara Wine Experience has garnered hundreds of positive reviews since it started in 2016.
Prices start at just $125pp.
THE WAIPARA WINE EXPERIENCE
The Wiapara Wine Experience
Indulge in a day of wine tasting in the Waipara Valley wine area, renowned for its warm, dry climate and limestone-rich soils, on a guided tour.
Following pickup from central Christchurch, your guide takes you on a 50-minute drive to Waipara. Visit cellars and tasting rooms during guided tours at three or more of the finest boutique vineyards in North Canterbury, and sample a selection wines and enjoy a lunch of a fresh, seasonal platter.
• Pegasus Bay Winery: the most famous winery in the region with world renowned Pinot Noir and Rieslings
• Greystone Wine: North Canterbury's most awarded winery.
• Torlesse Wines: Our usual lunch venue, everybody gets their own winery platter. V, Vg and GF options available.
• Terrace Edge: NZ Organic Vineyard of the Year 2018 and 2021. Truly remarkable wines.
• Waipara Springs: The first winery/café in the region
• Georges Road: Superb hand-made wines, with a trophy winning dry Riesling
All the wineries visited are family-owned and run and feature a wide range of wine varieties and styles.
Departure Point - Tour departs from a pre-arranged central Christchurch pick-up point at between 10.00 and 10.30am.
Please note - If you arriving at Lyttelton you will need to book a Private Tour - the Shared Tour is not suitable for cruise ship passengers
Duration - Allow 6 hours with lunch
Return Details - Returns to original departure point – unless otherwise arranged at about 4.15pm.
• Wine tastings
• Lunch platter
• All transport
• Pickup and drop-off
• Knowledgeable guide
• Explore some of North Canterbury's boutique vineyards/wineries.
• Shared tours have a minimum of 4 people for the trip to run.
• Subject to availability – these tours usually run on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
• Food and all tastings are included, unless specified.
• Wineries may change on the day, due to circumstances beyond our control.
• 48 hour cancellation policy applies.
CONTACT GILES TOURS
or Call/Text on (+64) 021 402 900